What you need to know before going to the Travelers Championship
More than 100,000 fans are expected in Cromwell this weekend for the PGA Tour's Travelers Championship.
Attendance restrictions, in place the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, have been lifted. The 2020 tournament was played without fans present. Last year, attendance was limited to slightly less than 10,000 fans a day.
As large crowds return, there are several health and safety policies — and PGA regulations — to be aware of before you head to the TPC River Highlands golf club.
- Tickets, food and all other purchases are cashless and contactless.
- Tickets can only be accessed on your smartphone and will be scanned at the gate.
- Fans are not required to wear masks. There will be masks available at health stations between the 9th green and the clubhouse, at 5/6, 12 and the 17th green.
- There will be hand sanitization locations throughout the course.
What not to bring
- Backpacks are not allowed. Purses and clutches cannot be larger than 6x 6x6 inches. Infant diaper bags are permitted.
- Spectators are not allowed to bring in beverages and coolers.
- Cameras are not permitted during tournament play (Thursday-Sunday).
- Drones, Go Pros and selfie sticks are not permitted.
- Leave computers or laptops at home.
- Posters, signs and banners cannot be brought in.
What is allowed
- Reusable plastic or metal cups and bottles — smaller than 32 ounces — that are empty when you enter and exit
- Binoculars — without a case
- Collapsible chairs — without a bag that do not extend to include a foot rest
- Infant supplies
- Motorized wheelchairs and scooters
- Umbrellas — without a bag
- Cellphones and tablets
- Fans can speak on cellphones only in designated areas away from the course.
- Phones must be on silent or vibrate.
- Cellphones can be confiscated by a mobile device committee, volunteers and hole captains. (Phones are held at the main gate until 6 p.m. that day. After that, they are kept in the tournament office.)
Parking is included in the price of your ticket. Arrive early in the day if you'd like to park close to the gates.
Kids under 15 are free
Admission is free for children 15 years old and younger when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
Get more details at the Travelers Championship website.